Pages

Saturday 3 August 2013

Golden chick pea and artichoke salad.



My boyfriend found this recipe yonks ago in 'Vegan yum yum' and asked me to make it. I didn't think it looked that tasty but I made it anyway.   It is now one of our go to recipes when we want a quick tea.
Its really hearty and healthy so we just eat a big bowl of it as dinner.
I add heaps more parsley than the recipe calls for. I kind of use it as a salad leaf rather than a herb.
 I could eat a can of chickpeas as a snack. In fact I used to when I was at Uni. Cooking them in a bit of oil makes them perfect in this salad.





Golden chickpea and artichoke salad

Ingredients:
2 Cans chickpeas 
1 Large bunch of continental parsley 
3/4 Cup Almonds 
2 Jars of marinated artichokes (about 10 hearts cut in half)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon or a whole one if its a bit dry
1 Tablespoon good quality extra virgin olive oil 
Salt and pepper to taste 


Method:
Fry the chickpeas in a large pan with a little olive oil till golden brown.  Place in a large salad bowl.
In the same pan with a little oil, fry off the chopped artichokes. Once they have a bit of colour place them in the salad bowl.
Place the almonds in a dry pan and cook on a low heat until they are slightly blackened.
Chop parsley well and place in bowl. Add the almonds and dress with olive oil, lemon and salt.
Toss well.





xx







2 comments:

  1. I filed this recipe away when you published it and finally made my own version this month. Thanks for the inspiration. :-)

    ReplyDelete