Pages

Sunday 1 September 2013

Thai pumpkin and carrot soup



Thai pumpkin soup is not something I would ever order on a menu but I wanted something heathy and cheap and pumpkin was on special at the supermarket.
I love really thick and creamy soups so this one does not disappoint.



Thai pumpin and carrot soup

Ingredients:
Half a large butternut pumpkin
4 large carrots
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
1 small tin thai red curry paste or about 3 Tablespoons
3/4 tin coconut milk

Method:
Dice onion and garlic and place in large pot with about a tablespoon of oil. Sautee till translucent.
Add the curry paste to the onions and garlic and fry till fragrant.
Chop pumpkin and carrots into chunks and add to pot. Cover with water and add stock.
Simmer until vegetables are falling apart.
Blend with a stick blender until silky and smooth. Add the coconut milk and serve.



It was actually a very yummy soup! Thick and creamy and pretty spicy! 
I have started a new job recently and we always have beautiful sourdough left at the end of the day so I took some home and slathered it in nuttelex and dipped it in this soup! 






xxxxxx I am Already loving Vegan mofo so much!!





9 comments:

  1. Yummo! I always do a boring pumpkin soup that's basically 20% garlic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin soup is never boring!! The more garlic the better in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. Thai pumpkin soup...my fave type of pumpkin soup, especially on nippy days, it makes you happy on the inside! And you can't go wrong with sourdough. I think people would be happier if they just ate more soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree more. You can turn anything into soup! Maybe next vegan mofo I could do a soup theme! I ate a sweet rhubarb soup the other day and it was too good! X

      Delete
  3. YUMM, I have some leftover red curry paste in the fridge too! Gorgeous color on your first picture ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey becky,
      Thanks a bunch.
      Its raining where I am today :( wish i has some more of this to warm me up. x

      Delete
    2. Hey becky,
      Thanks a bunch.
      Its raining where I am today :( wish i has some more of this to warm me up. x

      Delete
  4. That soup is such a beautiful shade of orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly Jade! Its the carrot that gives it such a beautiful rich orange colour. I think everytime i make pumpkin soup now I will add a few carrots just to boost that colour! x

      Delete