Pages

Friday 21 February 2014

Peanut butter, brown sugar, protein balls

Peanut butter is one of my favourite things in the whole world!
When I was a kid someone told me that it was full of fat and really bad for me. For some reason
that stuck in my head and for years I avoided it, Which was hard because both of my brothers eat it out of the jar with a spoon.
It has really only been since becoming vegan that I got into it IN A BIG WAY!

I love to make tofu satay with lots of lime juice and chilli but its also amazing in a cheeze cake or these protein balls.




Peanut butter, brown sugar, protein balls

Ingredients:

2 cups rice bubbles
1/4 cup oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup golden syrup
2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 Scoops of vegan protein powder (i used rice protein)

Chia seeds, flax and shredded coconut to roll in!

Method:

Place all ingredients except chia, flax and shredded coconut in a large bowl and combine well.
Make sure the peanut butter is well combined.
Roll into 2 bite balls and roll in chia, flax and coconut. Refrigerate.
These last about 5 days in an air tight container.

Note: 1. Sometimes the mixture is very sticky and other times it seems dry. I don't know why but if it is not holding together add more peanut butter and mix again.
          2. If you don't have protein powder omit it and add another 1 3/4 cups of oats and add 1/4 cup more golden syrup. They are great just as energy balls.





These are great with a big glass of non dairy milk. When it comes to soy milk I only drink BonSoy.
I really don't think any other brand comes close to beating it. Other brands have a very strong soy taste but I find BonSoy is creamy and mild. It is a bit more expensive that other brands but totally worth it.



I usually have one protein shake a day, usually for breakfast but sometimes after the gym.
I do love them with frozen banana and coconut cream but sometimes its nice to get your protein in other ways.
These have rice protein powder in them but the peanut butter adds protein too.
They have plenty of good fat in them and would be a great snack for kids.




xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment