Pages

Sunday 9 March 2014

Gluten free, Chocolate, Zucchini, Nut butter Brownies!!!!!!!!!!!

My boyfriends Mum gave me an enormous zucchini from her garden last week and I had heard of using them in brownies for the moisture so I winged this recipe and........................................................................................................
......................................................................Excuse my French but this shit will blow your mind!
I cannot even explain how rich and moist these brownies are.
They are gluten free, and vegan and they taste like absolute heaven. The zucchini gives them so much moisture and texture but you can't taste it at all. 







Chocolate, zucchini, nut butter brownies

Ingredients:

2 cups grated and squeezed zucchini 
1/2 cup coconut flour 
1/3 cup agave or maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla 
1/4 cup cocoa 
1 cup nut butter 
2 teaspoons of  baking powder 
1/2 cup vegan choc chips 
2 teaspoons egg replacer mixed with 4 tablespoons water 



Method:

Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees
Place all ingredients into a blender except choc chips. 
Blend on high until smooth. 
Add choc chips and stir well.
Place in a lined lamington/ brownie tin and bake in oven for 45 mins.
These brownies really need to be stored in the fridge as they are very moist and crumbly. 
They will harden up in the fridge after a couple of hours.  



I was loosing light to photograph so I cut into these a little early and they were still warm. They taste even better when they are still hot but they are hard to handle.



You can use whatever nut butter you like in these, I used a maple infused peanut butter but a cashew or macadamia would work amazingly. I think some chopped nut through them would work really well too but I didn't have any lying around



Oh so pretty! 
You should make these, I promise you won't be disappointed.
Oh and serve them with some Toffuti vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream.



xxxxxx


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love zucchini bread because it's so moist! But I've never tried it in brownies. Must make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You absolutely must! Try it with some obscure nut butter and let me know how it turns out! x

      Delete