Pages

Saturday 1 March 2014

Roast cauliflower, olive and almond salad....Jim's second favourite

So every second of the day I am thinking about food!
As soon as I finish one meal I am thinking about the next. 
I am always concocting new recipes and ideas. Food is just irresistible to me.

My boyfriend on the other hand is either  dying of hunger or couldn't care less. I ask him what he feels like for dinner and he says "I don't feel like anything, you know that". He doesn't look forward to food or crave things and I just think that is totally weird and wrong! 

Anyway it means I get to make whatever I want for dinner and he won't complain.

He said that this salad was his favourite so that a pretty big deal.
It must be good! ;)




Exciting news,
I am currently working on my own line of vegan marinades and sauces!
I will hopefully have them for sale on this blog within 3 months. How exciting is that!!!!!
This salad is dressed with my tahini dressing so if you like this recipe check back and buy some in a bit.






Cauliflower, olive and almond salad

Ingredients:

1 Head cauliflower
1 can chickpeas drained
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Large handful of slivered almonds
20 green olives

Tahini dressing

Method:

Chop cauliflower into florets and place in a large bowl with chickpeas.
Pour over olive oil and place on a baking tray in a hot oven for about 30 minutes or until cauliflower is starting to brown and chickpeas begin to crunch.
Set aside to cool.
Place almonds in a dry pan and heat over a low heat until browned.
Chop olives in half.
Combine cooled cauliflower and chickpeas with olives and almonds.
Drown in tahini dressing.



When it comes to green olives I always buy the cheapo ones. I think the safeway brand of stuffed green olives are the best. So salty and full of flavour.
I think they are only about $2 as well.



xxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment