Pages

Sunday 7 September 2014

AH-MAZING Bean Dip and mexican Wrap- Vegan Mofo 2014

I think I should just theme my vegan mofo for this years, "Things I made in my brand new Vitamix"!! I just can't get enough of this machine.
I will definitely do Smoothie sundays. It has a nice ring to it. Although, today is sunday and im not doing a smoothie. Maybe smoothie mondays :)







Working in Hospitality for so many years it is rare that I get the weekends off. Since become a baker and cake decorator in this amazing vegan cake shop I have, by some miracle managed to get sundays off.
Today is sunday and the weather is perfect so that means photos of food, a nice walk, cleaning and of course making this amazing bean dip!




 Mexican Bean dip

Ingredients:
2 can of drained and rinsed mixed beans
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 handful of almonds (soaked over night)
1 teaspoon ground corriander seed
2 teaspoon ground cummin
2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon good chipotle sauce
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon soy sauce
A handful of fresh coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
Enough water to make a thick 'dippy' consistency

Method:
Throw everything in your blender and blend until smooth and silky.
Serve chilled with corn chippies or other crackers.



I hadn't made anything for dinner one night last week and my boyfriend and I were starving!
I came up with this dip and added it to some wraps and boy was it YUM.



I used tomato, avocado, corn, rocket and fresh corriander. All wrapped up in a mountain bread with mock chicken strips and loads of the bean dip and a good squeeze of lime. It was such a quick and east dinner, and so tasty.
Some of the best meals are the ones you make when you have "nothing" in the fridge.





9 comments:

  1. Ooh that wrap looks delicious! I don't have a vitamix, but I have one of the high speed blenders that they say is pretty on par with it...I've never used a vitamix but I loooove my blender - the joy of being able to puree nuts with barely any effort makes me so happy. Haha, so lame to be so in love with a blender. But it's trueeeee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am literally obsessed with the thing! Glad to be in company with people that can get as excited as me about a kitchen appliance! x

      Delete
  2. I love your theme, except now I'm lusting after the Vitamix even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks a bunch. You need to get one. It will change your life. So spoiled to have received this bad boy for my birthday! x

      Delete
  3. Ah, mountain bread! A store here -in Canada- carries it but it's so expensive. They must have it cause so many Australians come for the ski season. The guy who owns Perisher Mt also owns a ski hill here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the dip looks delicious - and with a good dip it is so easy to throw together a yummy dinner - love your taco too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never made my own mexican bean dip before, great recipe.. I must try it!

    ReplyDelete