Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Almond milk and VEGAN MOFO

Its vegan mofo again!!




It is my second year running and last year was a so much fun. I will admit it was challenging and I think this year it will be even harder as I am working so much but I am excited to give it a shot!
I am going to try and post 20 times this month!! ARGGGG
Its such an awesome opportunity to find vegan blogs and bookmark a million recipes to try. If you are keen to get some amazing new ideas and read about hundreds of other vegans around the world you should like them on facebook and you can get a daily 'round up' of all their favourite recipes for the day.

I got a vitamix for my birthday so naturally one of the first things i wanted to make in it was Almond milk. I just love fresh almond milk, Ice cold and slightly sweetened with dates. I find it to be a completely different drink to the stuff you get in the carton. Not even comparable.




This is beyond easy to make and you can make it with basically any nuts you like. Hazelnuts, cashews and macadamias work amazingly well. You will need a good blender and a nut milk bag though (or a piece of muslin cloth).




Almond milk

Ingredients:
1 Cup almonds (soaked in water over night)
2 dates
750 mL fresh water

Method:
Place soaked nuts, pitted dates and water in blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until nuts are turned into pulp.
Strain the pulp and milk through muslin cloth and refrigerate.

Enjoy in smoothies, on cereal or just by the glass with ice!



I have been using the almond milk in breakfast smoothies I usually put in:
 Almond milk
Vanilla
Chocolate protein powder
Cacao powder
Maca powder
Coffee
Ice
Soooooo yummy!!




xxx



1 comment: