Pages

Monday 3 November 2014

Persian Chocolate mousse tart

So.... this isn't really a Persian recipe, but it has Persian flavours. I was watching a cooking show the other day and got extremely inspired to use all those fragrant ingredients. I called it a chocolate mousse tart as it is so creamy. When I made it I thought it would turn out much more solid but its much better than I anticipated. Creamy and smooth and really surprising with those persian flavours.



Persian chocolate Tart.

Ingredients:

base:
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup walnuts
1 teaspoon cardamom
1/4 cup pistachios
1/2 cup rolled oats
pinch good quality salt
4 mejool dates
3 Tablespoons coconut oil-melted
1/4 cup melted nuttelex or other vegan margarine

Centre:
1 block dark chocolate
2 cartons sojade soya cream *see note
1 teaspoon cardamom
2 teaspoons rose water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup melted coconut oil

Topping:
Good quality turkish delight
rose petals
pistachios

Method:
In a good food processor, process the oats, walnuts and pistachios into a fine powder. Add all remaining base ingredients and process until mixture starts coming together and forming a ball.
Press into a spring form tin and bake in a 180 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until browning slightly.

Meanwhile place a glass bowl over a boiling pot of water and melt the chocolate. Take it off the heat and add the soy cream. Mix well. Add rose water, cardamom, vanilla and coconut oil and mix well.
When the base is cooled, pour over chocolate mixture and refrigerate for at lease 2 hours.
Top with chopped turkish delight, rose petals and pistachios.
Serve with vanilla ice cream!


 I was so excited to find that most Turkish delight is vegan. I really love it. It must be extremely bad for me thought. That rose flavour just gets me every time.
The brand I bought to make this cake turned out not be all the same though. There were rose flavoured blocks but also these yellowy coloured ones. Anyone know what flavour they were?



This is probably the first time I have made a tart like this. It was soo easy im going to do it all the time. I think it would be awesome with orange!! Just zested orange in the chocolate layer and maybe some dehydrated orange pieces on the top.


The cream I used in this is great. I have never used it before today but I will definitely be using frequently after this. As far as texture goes it is like a thickened cream. It has a slight soy taste to it but not strong enough for a dairy eater to notice ;) It would also be perfect for creamy pasta sauces and pouring over desserts. Here is a piccy of the packet so you can pick it up if you want some.
*you can grab it over at http://www.veganperfection.com.au/ its only $3 and its awesome!








xxx I am totally making 'Salami' and tomato pasta bake for dinner so I will try and share it with you during the week!



3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful!! And I bet the Turkish delight pairs great with chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! those look so delicious! Love the photos--wish I could grab a slice through the screen :)

    Thanks for sharing the recipe. Looks easy to follow. I can't wait using my Celebes Desiccated Coconut from http://celebes.com

    ReplyDelete